9.10.2010

The hidden dangers of working in serials

One of the many hidden dangers of working too long in serials...is learning Roman Numerals...

Does anyone else think in fluent Roman Numerals? Am I an oddity? After 10+ years in the field, I can glance at a journal, a book, or the end movie credits and go "that says "1976" or "2010" or whatever. I am not sure that this is a skill that really translates to the real world...and I might be one of the few people that got the joke about the "M&Ms being the official candy of the new millenium..." ((I even had to explain it to my husband and he has a mathematics degree!)) And now I seek out Roman Numerals in the real world and revel in my superiority of being able to read them...

Who knew what dangers lurked in the heart of serials...? ((with apologies to "The Shadow" radio show"))

No comments: